Are you looking for a way to tame your curly or frizzy hair? Wondering if getting a keratin treatment will do the trick?
At the Hair Design group, we love Keratin treatments, and we recommend them for many different types of hair. How can you know that keratin treatments are right for you? The first step is to have a consult with a professional hairstylist who specializes in the procedure (that would be us). (wink emoji) During your consultation, we’ll talk with you about your hair type, how you style your hair, and any concerns you may have. Then we’ll assess your hair to recommend the right keratin treatment for you.
If you’re researching about keratin treatments, here are some of the benefits for your hair:
- Smoothing and Frizz Reduction: A Keratin treatments can reduce your frizz and make your hair smoothand more manageable. Keratin helps to fill in gaps in your hair’s cuticle, leading to a smoother surface and reduced friction between hair strands.
- Humidity Resistance: Keratin helps your hair be more resistant to humidity-induced frizz. This can be especially helpful for living in Dallas, Texas when we have rain with heat in our warmer seasons. A keratin treatment call also help you have beautiful hair when you’re going on a beach vacation or traveling to an island.
- Straightening: While keratin treatments aren’t as intense as traditional hair straightening treatments like relaxers, they help relax curls and waves. Your hair will become straighter because keratin helps reduce curl or wave patterns. The degree of straightening will be determined your hair’s natural texture and the specific treatment your stylist uses.
- Shinier Hair: Who doesn’t want more shine to their hair? The smoothing effect of Keratin can give more shine to your hair because the treatment smooths the surface of your hair strands, allowing light to reflect off more evenly.
- Reduced Styling Time: Who wants to spend less time to have great hair? Keratin treated becomes smoother and more manageable, therefore it’s easier to style. A good keratin treatment will allow you to spend less time blow-drying and styling your hair.
- Long-Lasting Results: Depending on how frequently you wash your hair, your styling routine, and the products you use, the lovely results from your keratin treatment can last for many weeks, typically 2 to 4 months. The smoothing, straightening, and frizz reduction longevity depend on how well you take care of your hair after the treatment.
- Improved Hair Health: While Keratin is naturally present in your hair, adding more of it through a treatment provides the overall benefits of strengthening the hair shaft and improve overall hair health. Particularly if you have damaged or weakened hair, a Keratin treatment give help your hair regain its health.
Keratin treatments improve the texture, manageability, and appearance of your hair. They can be a game-changer for confidence, your style, and your styling routine, by giving you smoother, shinier, and more manageable hair.